Cucumber and Feta Salad
- cucumbers from your box, peeled and diced into pea sized pieces
- 1 or 2 tomatoes from your box - finely diced
- coarse sea salt
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon (each) chopped fresh mint, parsley and fresh dill
- Place the cucumbers pieces in a colander, mix with a bit of salt, and let drain for 30 minutes to an hour, giving the colander a shake from time to time.
- Crumble the feta into a bowl and mash together with the olive oil, lemon juice, water and a few turns of black pepper
- Mix in the cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and herbs. Taste and add more salt if you need it.
Recipe adapted from David Lebovitz.